Aquamation, also referred to as alkaline hydrolysis, is another technique of deceased physique disposition characterised by a discount of the physique’s organic materials to tender bone fragments. Aquamation makes use of mild heating and circulation of water containing alkaline and different pure chemical compounds to dissolve physique tissue whereas preserving the bone inside 24 hours.
How Does Aquamation Work?
Aquamation is a modernized model of a water-based technique of physique disposition initially developed within the late 1800s. A mix of mild heating, circulation and alkalinity to the answer dissolves finally begins to interrupt down the physique tissue; the answer and particles is filtered, drained and sterilized for a secondary cycle of cleaning and passing by a filter. The method is accomplished in a median of 24 hours, abandoning solely tender bone fragments that may be processed into an simply dealt with kind and retained.
- Reduces carbon footprint: Aquamation produces 90% much less carbon dioxide emissions than a standard flame cremation.
- Is extra vitality environment friendly: Aquamation makes use of 1/8 of the vitality of flame cremation.
- No harmful emissions: Flame cremation produces unhealthy emissions whereas aquamation has no emissions of poisons into the environment.
- Safely and successfully hydrolyzes the physique: Aquamation is acknowledged by EPA protocols as a secure and efficient different to flame cremation.
- Creates no air pollution: Aquamation doesn’t produce pollution like mercury vapors, smoke, or different pollution.
The tip results of aquamation is a set of soppy bone fragments the identical measurement and look as these obtained from a standard cremation. The fragments will be processed right into a cremated stays urn, burial urn or scattered as desired. As well as, relations respect that aquamation respects the dignity of their cherished one, and facilitates a easy, mild course of.